Badamtam Tour – Enjoy the Beauty of Tea Garden and Kanchanjangha
It may be difficult to find people who do not love tea gardens. How would it feel if you see Kanchenjunga while enjoying the beauty of the sprawling tea gardens? Badamtam is a place near Darjeeling. It is an offbeat destination known for its vast stretch of tea gardens.
From the main town of Darjeeling, the distance of Badamtam is about 17Km and situated at an elevation of 6000 feet in Lebong Valley. You can experience the perfect serenity and mental peace at Badamtam Tea Estate.
How to Reach Badamtam?
- By Train: Lots of trains going from Sealdah to New Jalpaiguri. Some of the special ones are Darjeeling Mail, North Bengal Express, New Jalpaiguri Express, Padatik Express, and Kanchanakanya Express. All these trains leave at night and arrive the next morning.
NJP to Badamtam Distance 88.5 Km. From the stations, you can book a private car which takes about 2.30-3 hours to reach depending on the road condition.
For your Information:
Darjeeling to Badamtam distance 11.3 Km. It will take 30-45 minutes from Darjeeling to Badamtam by car.
Lebong to Badamtam Distance is about 9.1km.
- By Flight: To reach Badamtam by flight, you can board a flight to Bagdogra Airport (Bagdogra to Badamtam Distance 83.6 Km). You can rent a car from Bagdogra to Badamtam.
- By Shared Car: Shared taxis/Jeeps are available from Siliguri / NJP to Badamtam. But the number is very less. Only two to three vehicles leave Jalpaiguri a day. And there is no fixed time to leave the car. Leave when the car is full.
You can also get share vehicles from Darjeeling to Badamtam. If you can reach Darjeeling by any means, you can easily get a shared car.
Things To Do in Badamtam
- You can experience the beauty of nature and Kanchenjunga from Badamtam.
- Badamtam Monastery, Manjitar-Bridge, and Chulidara Statue of Lord Buddha are the major sightseeing attractions near Badamtam.
- You can go for local Sightseeing at Badamtam Tea Estate, which is one of the oldest and best tea plantations in Darjeeling. Situated in the beautiful Lebong Valley, it has a varying altitude that ranges from 305 to 1830 meters.
- You can enjoy the lifestyle of the beautiful people of the quiet village. You can learn about their lifestyle.
- Also, you can plan for a Darjeeling sightseeing trip with this trip as Darjeeling is close to Badamtam.
Where to Stay in Badamtam?
You can find several homestays and guesthouses in Badamtam. You can book them over the phone or face to face. Before you go there I will suggest you speak with one of them at least once. It will cost around 1200-1500 per day to stay there depending upon the season.
You will get all kinds of benefits in homestays. You will find hot water, breakfast, lunch, and a clean bathroom. At the same time, you will get the hospitality and love of the people there.
Some Popular Homestay of Badamtam:
1. Badamtam Tea Retreat
Cost- Rs.1750/- per head per day with all meals.
2. Mountain Bliss Darjeeling (085848 08524)
Cost To Travel Badamtam
- From NJP- From NJP you can reach Badamtam in two ways.
i) You can rent a private car from NJP to Badamtam. In that case, your estimated cost will be around 1500-2000 rupees. These fares may vary depending on the season. From Darjeeling to Badamtam private car costs around 900-1000 Rupees.
ii) If you have a low budget then you can go to a share jeep. In that case, your cost will be reduced a lot. You can take a shared jeep from NJP to Badamtam. The shared car cost will be Rs. 250-300 per person.
From Darjeeling to Badamtam shared car costs around 70-90 Rupees.
- From Bagdogra:
You can reach Badamtam from Bagdogra same as From NJP. You can rent a private car from Bagdogra also. In that case, your estimated cost will be around 1500-2000 rupees. These fares may vary depending on the season.
It will cost you around 1500-1700 per day to stay in Homestay. These fares may vary depending on the season.
Best Time To Visit Badamtam
You can enjoy the beauty of Badamtam at any time of the year except monsoon season. The beautiful view of Kanchenjunga can be experienced from here most of the time. Besides, you will never forget the beauty of the tea garden is there.
Things to Carry While Travelling To Badamtam
- A travel bag.
- A torch.
- A slipper.
- Travel shoes
- Plastic for keeping wet things.
- Dry food as needed
- Soap paper
- Clothes according to the weather.
- Necessary Medicines.
- Camera For Taking pictures of Breathtaking beauty.
Important Information About Badamtam
- Although homestays serve plenty of food, you can keep dry food like cakes and biscuits with you.
- Credit or debit card payments cannot be made at most homestays, so keep enough cash with you.
- It is better to keep the necessary medicines with you but if you feel ill suddenly, the doctor is available there.
- Mobile Network is available there.
- Carry at least one ID proof with you.
Frequently Asked Question About Badamtam
Can we watch Bird during Badamtam Trip?
Yes, you can enjoy the bird-watching activity while walking through the nearby forested area.
Is Mt. Kanchenjunga visible from Badamtam?
Yes, on a clear day you can enjoy the beautiful view of Kanchenjunga.
Is any shared car available from NJP to Badamtam?
Shared taxis/Jeeps are available from NJP and Darjeeling.
What is the best way to reach Badamtam?
From Siliguri / NJP/ Bagdogra you can book any private car. It will take 2.5 hours to 3 hours to reach Badamtam depending upon the road condition. Also, you can take a car from Darjeeling to reach here.
What is Badamtam famous for?
Badamtam is famous for its quiet and calm environment, Beautiful tea garden, Magnificent view of Kanchenjunga, and many more attractions.
What is the distance between Darjeeling and Badamtam?
Badamtam is just 16km away from Darjeeling.
What is the distance between NJP and Badamtam?
Badamtam is just 88.5 km away from NJP.
What is the best time to visit Badamtam?
You can enjoy the beauty of Badamtam at any time of the year except monsoon season. The beautiful view of Kanchenjunga can be experienced from here most of the time.
A small hill village surrounded by tea gardens. If you want to experience mental peace in a quiet environment, this place is ideal for you. You can plan some nearby places as well.
Special Note: Don’t leave dirt and plastic in the mountains. Keep the mountains clean by thinking of the people living in the mountains and the mountain-loving people like you and me so that they can travel in the mountains for the next few thousand years. Remember that whatever you give to the environment you will get back one day.
If you like this writing and information then bookmark this blog and if you want you can follow us on Facebook and Instagram. You can also keep the push notification of this website on so you will get notifications on mobile when new posts come.
If you have any comments on this article, please let me know. If you want, you can also send me any necessary message through this form. Stay well. Thanks so much for reading this post.